Angel Flight Southeast is a proud member of the Air Charity Network, and Air Care Alliance, which combined account for over 90% of the charitable flights in the U.S.
Air Charity Network™ Fast Facts
- Air Charity Network is the largest charitable air transportation organization in the world. And, with more than 7,500 volunteer general aviation pilots
- Air Charity Network is the largest volunteer pilot organization in the nation. It is the only charitable aviation organization in the United States offering access within all 50 states.
- Air Charity Network represents over 90% of all charitable aviation non-emergency flights flown in the nation.
- Air Charity Network regional mission coordination teams handle more than 40,000 requests for assistance annually.
- In 2006, Air Charity Network arranged flights for more than 34,000 passengers on 22,000 missions.
- 1/3 of Air Charity Network mission flights are for children and 2/3 for adults and senior citizens with hundreds of different illnesses, challenges and personal crises.
- Each dollar donated generates $5 worth of flight services delivered to people in need who live in rural and urban communities across the nation.
- Volunteer pilots who fly, and often own, general aviation airplanes “provide” the transportation by donating their time, talent, airplane and fuel expenses.
Other Agencies to Contact
Air Charity Network™ (ACN) is comprised of independent member organizations who are identified by specific geographical service areas and coordinate volunteer pilot missions in the continental United States as well as Alaska and Hawaii. Those organizations are:
Airlift Hope NC-TN (North Carolina, Tennessee)
Angel Flight Central (Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Nebraska, North Dakota, Minnesota, Missouri, South Dakota, Wisconsin)
Angel Flight Mid-Atlantic (D.C., Delaware, Kentucky, Maryland, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania (shared), Virginia, West Virginia)
Angel Flight Northeast (Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania (shared), Rhode Island, Vermont)
Angel Flight South Central (Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, New Mexico (shared), and Texas)
Angel Flight Southeast (Florida)
Angel Flight West (Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico (shared), Oregon, Utah, Washington, Wyoming)
Mercy Flight Southeast (Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi, South Carolina)
Mercy Medical Airlift coordinates free airline tickets for missions over 600 miles and negotiates low cost air ambulance service for individuals and families, who are in need of this special service. Telephone Number 888-675-1405.
Air Care Alliance lists groups who perform public benefit flying for health care and patient transport. Telephone Number 888-260-9707.